Thursday, February 08, 2007
List of Homer Simpson's lifelong dreams
The following is a list of lifelong dreams by Homer Simpson as reported in The Simpsons TV series. Homer is a man of many lifelong dreams which he frequently quotes during the series. Each dream is different from his previous dream, and his wife, Marge, points out every time he makes up a new one that his actual life long dream, which also varies from episode to episode, was already accomplished by him.
His lifelong dreams include (partial list):
- Managing a beautiful country-western singer ("Colonel Homer")
- Eating the world's biggest hoagie ("Colonel Homer")
- Living in the wilderness, while keeping a journal of his thoughts ("Marge Gets a Job")
- Becoming a monorail conductor ("Marge vs. the Monorail")
- Being allowed to do his job from home ("King-Size Homer")
- Being the next Thomas Edison ("The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace"; ironically fulfilled when his electric hammer is credited to Edison)
- Becoming a hippie ("D'oh-in in the Wind")
- Bowling a perfect game ("Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder")
- Seeing Stevie Nicks naked ("Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder"; his list of life goals has three check marks next to this one)
A magnet licensed by Fox and produced in 2003 by U.S. novelty company Ata-Boy features Homer saying, "It's been my life long dream to appear on a refrigerator."
Bibliography: The Simpsons Library of Wisdom: The Homer Book, Harper Collin; The Simpsons Archive; This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "List of Homer Simpson's lifelong dreams". This entry is a fragment of a larger work. Link may die if entry is finally removed or merged.